With my background and expertise in working for national and local funders, managing donor relationships as well grant making, As a consultant I can work with foundations, companies and other grant makers to develop, review, refine their funding strategies, processes and impact by:
· Designing funding strategies and programmes
· Reviewing and designing grant making processes
· Reviewing, designing and supporting the build of grant making software
· Developing, implementing and review impact assessment tools and frameworks
· Evaluating funding programmes and projects
· Training grant makers in due diligence, finance and other processes.
· Developing and delivering your Funder Plus offer
With my charity consultant experience and knowledge of supporting organisations I can provide the consultancy support for your Funder Plus offer. The areas of support might include:
· Project management
· Strategic and business planning
· Change management
· Problem solving – helping grantees who are having problems with their projects.
· Monitoring and evaluation
I am a very experienced assessor having carried out work for many different grant making funders and donors ranging from individuals to big corporations and foundations. For example The Evening Standard Dispossessed Fund, Comic Relief, Deutsch Bank, GLA Young Londoners and Clarion Housing.
I am available as a consultant to provide additional grant/programme management and assessment capacity for your organisation.
With a wide range of experience supporting and delivering strategic and business plans along with change management I can support your funded organisations development. I can facilitate their Board, Teams and others in developing the plans, ensuring they are realistic, timely, challenging yet achievable. This could involve:
· A review of how they are doing
· A review of their mission and vision
· Consultations with beneficiaries, stakeholders, staff and volunteers, Trustees
· Financial and income generation reviews
· Facilitating away days to scope the way forward, visioning the future
· Develop with them the strategic plans and operational plans for the next few years
· Development of impact measures, key performance indicators and milestones
· Trouble shooting – impartial reviews and advice
I have recently qualified as a consultant and reviewer in the use of Digi-Board™. This is an online tool that can de-mystify governance for charity boards so everyone can contribute to this important area regardless of their governance knowledge or experience.
Digi-Board™ has been developed to explore the principles that contribute to good governance
I can support the capacity building elements if your funding by using this online tool to produce reports and findings using both quantitative and qualitative data to enable the Board and Senior Leaders to identify areas that need improvement, as well as those that are excellent! From this we can work on an action plan for improvement. For those charities that can truly demonstrate good governance this can only increase the public’s trust in them leading to high income and enhance their sustainability.