CABWI Awarding Body is a leading awarding body for the Street Works and Street Works Reassessment Schemes in excavation and reinstatemnt of the highways, offering vocational qualifications for those working in the water and wider utilities industries.
They have been working with Jay Charity Consultancy Services to develop a grants programme to support lifelong learning and development.
CABWI Awarding Body,
6 Bevis Marks, London EC3A 7BA
Tel: 020 7469 2641
Registered Charity No 1157706
A Company Limited by Guarantee, registered in England No. 2638349
To promote lifelong learning and development that enables people to enter the labour market or gain additional skills to further develop their career.
1. To work directly with young people (aged 14-24) who are either not in employment, education, or training (NEET), or with young people who are at risk of becoming NEET, to improve their access to employment and the labour market.
2. To reach and work with individuals with complex barriers to employment, enabling them to move closer or into employment, including but not restricted to ex-service personnel and ex-offenders.
3. Increase the life skills of people so that they may further develop their careers, with a particular focus on the water, utilities, and construction industries
1. Support to reach and work with individuals with complex barriers to employment gain relevant qualifications to enter the water, utilities, and construction industries workforce.
Please Note: Relevant CABWI qualifications could be provided free of charge.
2. Support to reach and work with ex-service personnel and ex-offenders
3. Projects that have clear and well-established connections to employers who can offer meaningful work experience and/or employment.
Grants of up to £30,000 a year will be available for up to two or three years. You may only apply for a maximum of 15% of your last year’s turnover. For example, a turnover of £125,000 15% would mean applying for £18,750.
Funds for years 2 and 3 would be dependent on satisfactory monitoring reports being received and availability of funds. Not all applicants will receive the full 2 or 3 year funding.
You could apply for additional funding in the second or third year, for example for a new piece of work, but your total funding, from both grants, would be limited to a total of 15% of your turnover.
The fund is currently closed for applications.
Potential Timeline for 2022 Funding Round
Fund open for Stage 1 applications
Grant Committee decisions communicated to applicants
November – December 2022
Assessment and development of full application.
Full due diligence carried out
Grant Committee agrees recommendations for funding to go to the Trustee Board
Board agrees applications for funding
Funding agreements sent
Discussion and agreement on outputs, outcomes, and milestones
We'll put the answers to questions we receive here.
If you have a question please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The following grants were awarded by CABWI.
Ecologia Youth Trust
MYTIME Young Carers
Sport 4 Life
The Girls Network
More details of each award will be published in our blog - sign up to hear more.
Click on the link below to access the application for
This will be made live once the dates are known for 2022